A West Somerset GP Practice has been rated ’Outstanding’ for the second time.
National inspections, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspected Dunster and Porlock Surgeries in October this year and found that patients were extremely satisfied with the service they received, citing the practice team as compassionate, knowledgeable and working to very high standards.
In the Care Quality Commission’s latest review they found that:
- The practice had a clear vision which had quality and safety as its top priority.
- High standards were promoted and owned by all practice staff with evidence of team working across all roles.
- Staff treated patients with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
- The practice cared for the population through provision of additional services such as those enabling end of life patients to remain at home, and supporting independence through the engagement with the West Somerset ‘Living Better’ project.
- Patients found the appointment system easy to use and reported that they were able to access care when they needed it. They responded positively to their overall experience at the practice.
Commenting on the CQC’s service review, GP Partner Dr David Davies said:
“We are delighted that the CQC has recognised the good work that we do. It is a tribute to the dedication of the whole practice team, which always tries to go the extra mile to help patients. We look forward to serving our rural communities in the future by providing a top-class primary care service.”
Ruth Rankine, Deputy Chief Inspector of General Practice, said;
“It is with pleasure that I am again delighted to highlight the exceptional service at Dunster and Porlock Surgeries. This practice is an excellent example of what outstanding care looks like. The service had clear vision to promote safe and quality care with high standards being promoted by all staff.”
She added: “There was a strong focus on continuous improvements to its services and valued the concerns raised by staff and people.
“This dedication and commitment pays off in making a real difference for their patients – which is why we have again found the practice to be Outstanding. I hope other practices will see this service as a model for excellent care.”
The CQC’s full inspection report for the practice can be found at: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-2418458072