Have your prescription sent direct to a pharmacy of your choice!
The Electronic Prescription Service means that your GP can send your prescription electronically to a pharmacy of your choice.
Currently 70% of Somerset practices are able to offer this service, and more and more are coming on board.
Benefits - what does it mean for me?
- The prescription is an electronic message so there is no paper prescription to lose.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- If the prescription needs to be cancelled the GP can electronically cancel and issue a new prescription without you having to return to the practice – saving you extra trips.
- If you collect repeat prescriptions
- you will not have to visit your GP practice just to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send the prescription electronically to the place you choose, saving you time; and
- you may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as your repeat prescriptions can be made ready before you arrive.
Speak to your GP surgery to find out more, or ask at any pharmacy about adding a nomination for you.
Find out more about the Electronic Prescription Service by visiting NHS Digital: systems.digital.nhs.uk/eps/patients
Find out more about our digital projects
You can read more about our digital projects by clicking on the links below.